The Culverites

An on-line reading group working through Dr Robert Culver's Systematic Theology (2005). Please join the conversation!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Daniel's bio

Hello. My name is 'Daniel' and I am a Culverite. I have a day job, and am another person that isn't a professional theologian. I live about 30 minutes' drive (or a 30-minute drive) from Crawford.

I have four main interests: theology, philosophy, pedantry, and trivia. By an amazing coincidence, I have a blog for each of these. I also contribute to a blog on casuistry.

Crawford described me in an e-mail to the Culverites as 'generously Anglican'. I'm more pleased at being associated with the word 'generously' than with the word 'Anglican' (though I realize that it doesn't follow from the fact that I am generously Anglican that I am generous and Anglican). But I am a member of a local church that is a member of the Church of England. You shouldn't assume that I agree with everything that the Church of England does or believes. I do, however, agree with the beliefs, aims, and desires of my local fellowship.

I'm looking forward to learning from Prof. Culver and the Culverites.

4 Comments:

Blogger Timothy Davis said...

Daniel,

You're still a professional philosopher, so I'm sorry, I can't accept you as part of the Society of Plebians. ;)

Thursday, June 29, 2006 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Timothy Davis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hill said...

Well, actually, it's the Society of Plebeians . . . .

Friday, June 30, 2006 1:15:00 PM  
Blogger Timothy Davis said...

You see! You're a professional and I'm a pleb! ;)

Saturday, July 01, 2006 12:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home