The Culverites

An on-line reading group working through Dr Robert Culver's Systematic Theology (2005). Please join the conversation!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Allen's Bio

Greetings Fellow Culverites...

My name is Allen Mickle. I am the Interim Pastor of Grace Baptist Church, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. I have the B.R.E. from Heritage College, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada and the M.Div. and Th.M. (New Testament) from Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary, Allen Park, Michigan, USA. I am planning on beginning my Ph.D. in Historical Theology from the University of Wales Lampeter in conjunction with Toronto Baptist Seminary under Dr. Michael Haykin.

I look forward to studying Culver. He studied under Dr. Alva McClain of Grace Theological Seminary, Winona Lake, Indiana, USA just like my Systematic Theology professor, Dr. Rolland McCune, did. I am a dispensational, calvinistic, independent, separtistic, Baptist.

Looking forward to interacting with you all. God bless.

Your Fellow Servant in Christ Jesus,

Allen Mickle

3 Comments:

Blogger C G said...

Allen, nice to hear from you.

Is that the same Dr McClain who worked on the revision of the Scofield Bible?

Sunday, June 25, 2006 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger C G said...

Allen, what's your PhD topic going to be?

Sunday, June 25, 2006 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Allen R. Mickle, Jr. said...

Crawford,

Yes, it is in fact the same Dr. Alva J. McClain. He has a few really facinating books which I think have been much neglected. First, Law and Grace and The Greatness of the Kingdom. The latter is a major work on the Kingdom of God especially as understood in the OT. When Ladd critiqued the work, his only major criticism was McClain did not use enough modern sources! Anyway, a fantastic book. I recommend everyone to read it.

Dr. Haykin and I have a general topic idea in mind. At this point the focus will be in christological issues in 18th century Baptist sermonic literature.

Allen

Sunday, June 25, 2006 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home