The Culverites

An on-line reading group working through Dr Robert Culver's Systematic Theology (2005). Please join the conversation!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Mark's biography

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted - I've been having technical problems.
I'm a PhD. student at Trinity College, Dublin. Originally from te heart of West Cork, I've been living in Dublin for the past 6 years, and will complete my cultural immersion in September, when, God willing, I'm marrying a Dublin girl. I was brought up among those Christians "sometimes identified as the (Plymouth)Brethren". I've been in assembly fellowship since the age of 15, and remain happily so, gathering with believers in Rathmines Gospel Hall, in Dublin, where I do a fair bit of preaching and some teaching. Big academic interests are Reformation literature (my PhD's on Donne), dispensational millennialism (though not the Left Behind sort), and missionary writing (especially that of the aforementioned, ill-described "Brethren"! I'm also a keen advocate of Creationism, something that I rabbit on about given the slightest opportunity.

This will be my first in-depth engagement with any ST, and I'm interested to see how it goes.

2 Comments:

Blogger C G said...

Welcome, Mark!

Monday, July 17, 2006 5:49:00 PM  
Blogger Timothy Davis said...

Glad to have you on-board, Mark. My mum is from Co. Wexford and she worked in Rathmines in a Christian work that looked after single mums and their children called Bethany House.

Sunday, July 30, 2006 6:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home